Yield: Depends on the size of your cookie cutter(s). We made about 80 2.5–4" hearts and dinosaurs.
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 125g ground almonds
- 250g granulated sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 5g baking powder
- 5g Edora Spekulatius Spice Mix
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix together until ingredients are evenly combined. After several minutes, the dough will come together and be smooth.
- Separate dough into 4 equal pieces; form into patties. Wrap patties separately in cling film and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheets.
- The dough can get sticky if it’s out for too long, so only take one dough patty out of the fridge at a time. Knead the dough well without letting it get too warm.
- Flour your surface and roll dough out to about ⅛ inch thick (2–3mm).
- Cut out cookies with chosen cutters. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10–14 minutes or until edges start to brown. Rotate pan halfway through to bake cookies more evenly.
- While first batch is in oven, repeat steps for additional dough, working with one dough patty at a time.
- As batches come out of the oven, place on cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.