Yield: 42–48 cookies
- 1 cup (184g) Lars Own® Swedish Pearl Sugar
- 1 cup (16 Tbsp or 227g) unsalted butter, cut into chunks, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (131g) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups (269g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour pearl sugar into a small bowl. Wrap base of a flat-bottomed glass with cling film.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, granulated sugar, and sea salt. Beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth—roughly 3 minutes.
- Mix in egg white, then vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour.
- Scoop dough into heaping teaspoons, then roll into balls. Roll each dough ball in pearl sugar. Place on baking sheet roughly 2" apart.
- Using the cling film-wrapped glass, gently press down on each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden brown around edges and on bottom. Remove cookies from oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply