Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups + 1 Tbsp (250g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (100g) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (135g) Valrhona Dulcey Chocolate Fèves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (142g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 12 Valrhona Dulcey Chocolate Fèves, optional
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease wells of a 12-muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, then stir just until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chopped fèves and almonds
- Divide batter evenly amongst wells.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes. The muffins are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool for a couple minutes, then remove from pan. If desired, place a single fève atop each muffin, allowing the muffin’s heat to melt the chocolate.
- Eat muffins warm or store them in an airtight container.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply