Yield: 16 muffins
- 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 Tbsp (17g) Renewal Mill Upcycled Oat Milk Flour
- 3 Tbsp (17g) rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp (34g) turbinado sugar*
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 ¾ (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) Renewal Mill Upcycled Oat Milk Flour
- 1 cup (90g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup (135g) turbinado sugar*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- ¼ cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups (341g) plain whole milk yoghurt, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (99g) grated carrots (2–3 carrots)
- ½ cup (57g) Lane Southern Orchards Georgia Pecan Halves, chopped
- ½ cup (75g) raisins
- optional: chia gel (Mix 2 Tbsp chia seeds with 4 Tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes.)
*If you don’t have turbinado sugar, you can use light brown sugar instead.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin wells or line with baking cups; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together streusel topping ingredients with your fingers until it comes together and resembles wet sand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, turbinado sugar, and ground spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, yoghurt, vanilla, and (optional) chia gel until well combined. Mix in grated carrots.
- In the centre of dry mixture, make a well, then pour in wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped pecans and raisins.
- Divide batter evenly amongst 16 wells. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Muffins are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan and serve warm or place on wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply