Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (160g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ ripe medium-sized banana, mashed
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups (134g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (114g) pecans, finely chopped
- ½ cup (60g) Jali Fruit Co. Party Pineapple, finely chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces (226g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (114g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup (57g) heavy cream
- ¾ cup (68g) dried banana chips, chopped
- ¾ cup (64g) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ¾ cup (86g) pecans, toasted & chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Mix in vanilla and mashed banana.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to wet mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, chopped pecans, and chopped dried pineapple.
- Form dough into balls that are a big ol’ heaping tablespoon each. (A cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Place on baking sheet, leaving 2" between each dough ball. Using a lightly floured, flat-bottomed glass, flatten each dough ball.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until cookies have set and edges are slightly golden.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- When your cookies are pretty much cool, make the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth, 3–5 minutes. Add cream, beating again until smooth.
- Once cookies are totally cool, spread frosting over each cookie, smoothing with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with banana chips, coconut, and pecans, then gently press topping into frosting.