Yield: 16 sandwich cookies (or 9 big boy sammiches)
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp (56g) Renewal Mill Upcycled Oat Milk Flour
- 2 cups (178g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, room temp
- ¾ cup (160g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp (43g) unsulfured molasses
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp (241g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp (28g) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup (48g) Marshmallow Fluff (or other marshmallow creme)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Mix in vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Form dough into balls and placed onto prepared baking sheets.
NOTE: For our 2.75" cookies, we used a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop. For our big boy 3.25" cookies, we used a 2-ounce disher.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until edges have set and cookies are golden.
- Transfer baking sheets to wire racks. For perfectly round cookies, try Erin Clarkson’s cookie scoot method when they’re fresh out of the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5–10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once your cookies are totally cool, it’s frosting time! In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and salt on medium speed until fluffy and smooth.
- Sift in a third of confectioners’ sugar, then mix on low until fully incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix in Greek yoghurt and vanilla. Add Marshmallow Fluff, beating until buttercream is your preferred consistency.
- Spread or pipe filling on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, gently pressing each cookie sandwich together.