Yield: 32-ish blondies, depending on how you cut ‘em
- 2 ¼ cups + 2 Tbsp (285g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) Renewal Mill Upcycled Oat Milk Flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups (283g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 ¾ cup (373g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
Any chocolate goodies that you like! We used a variety of chocolate from recent boxes. This includes (from L-R, top to bottom):
- Wildwood Chai Drinking Chocolate
- Chuao Golden Goodness + Salted Chocolate Crunch Mini Bars
- Mallow Puffs Raspberry Mallows, halved
- Supernatural Rainbow Chocolate Chips
- Valrhona Dulcey Chocolate Fèves
- Nói Síríus 56% Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- Callebaut Ruby Chocolate Callets
- Chuao Oh My S’mores! + Sprinkle Dreams Mini Bars
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a half sheet pan. (We used this 17.25" x 12.25" x 1" pan.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Fold flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pat thick batter into an even layer across bottom of pan.
- Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut blondies into 8 districts. Place choco goodies in their respective districts.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until blondies are mostly set and edges are light golden brown.
- Transfer baking pan to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once totally cool, re-cut blondie districts, then cut each district into 4 pieces. Or go nuts and ignore the districts, cutting blondies all willy-nilly!
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Inspired by: Sheri Wilson
This “district” style was inspired by our pal Sheri’s cookie trays. For more inspo, check out some of her designs:
- Party Time
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Fruit & Chocolate (This is technically a pancake tray, but the toppings would still be yummy with blondies!)
Leave a Reply