Yield: 30–40 crackers
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp J&D’s Original Bacon Salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing on top
- ½ cup (114g) water
- kosher salt or flaky sea salt
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, bacon salt, and sugar.
- Add olive oil and water, mixing until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto large piece of lightly floured parchment paper; form into a rectangle. Lightly flour top of dough. Top with another large sheet of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, roll out to roughly ⅛" thick. Remove top parchment.
- Using a pizza cutter, sharp knife, or bench scraper, cut dough into 2" squares. Transfer dough and parchment paper to baking sheet.
- Lightly brush crackers with olive oil then sprinkle with kosher salt or flaky sea salt. Prick each cracker with the tines of a fork.
- Place baking sheet in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 425°F.
- Bake 14–17 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crackers are firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then separate crackers.