Yield: 25–30 sablés
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp L’Ami Provençal Herbes de Provence
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ¾ Tbsp (35g) olive oil
- 1 large egg, room temp
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp (60g) unsalted butter, cubed & softened
- zest of 1 lemon
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk together flour, herbes de Provence, and salt. Add olive oil, egg, butter, and lemon zest.
- Attach paddle and beat on medium until dough forms.
- Wrap dough in cling film, then press into a patty shape about 1-inch thick. Place wrapped dough in fridge for 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Retrieve dough from fridge and place on a lightly floured work surface. Flour your rolling pin and lightly dust dough with flour. Roll out dough until it’s 1/8" thick.
- Use a 2- to 3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter to cut out sablés. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. (They can be relatively close together.) Combine any leftover dough, reroll, and cut until all dough is used.
NOTE: We used the scalloped circle cutter from our Nordic gingerbread biscuit cutters set for our sablés.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until edges are set and lightly browned.
- Let sablés cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring sablés to wire rack to cool completely.