Yield: 24 financiers
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 3 large egg whites, room temp
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 ½ Tbsp (50g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (50g) almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2–3 Tbsp (38–56g) Francis Miot La Parisienne Jam
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stirring frequently, cook for 3–4 minutes until butter starts to brown and smell nutty.
- Pour brown butter into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While brown butter is cooling, heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 24-well mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer on high, beat egg whites in a large bowl until foamy, 1–2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flours, and salt. Using a silicone spatula, fold dry ingredients into beaten egg whites.
- Add cooled brown butter and gently mix until fully incorporated.
- Evenly distribute batter amongst wells.
- Plop ¼ teaspoon of jam on top of batter in each well. Using a toothpick, swirl jam into batter.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until edges are golden and a wee bit crispy. When the financiers are done, the centres will be slightly puffed up
- Immediately (but gently) transfer financiers from pan to wire rack to cool.