Yield: 6–8 servings
- 1 ¼ cups (285g) whole milk
- 2/3 cup (130g) granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp Heilala Pure Vanilla Paste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (14g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 ½ cups (255g) fresh blueberries
- 1 ½ cups (170g) frozen cherries, thawed, drained, and halved*
- confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
*You could also use fresh black cherries, but we honestly couldn’t be bothered to pit them for this simple recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a high-speed blender, combine milk, 1/3 cup (65g) sugar, eggs, vanilla paste, salt, and flour. Blitz on medium for 1 minute.
- In a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter, swirling around to coat the pan.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Pour a thin layer of batter into pan, swirling to evenly spread across pan. Cook for 1–2 minutes to slightly set batter.
- Remove pan from heat, then scatter blueberries and cherries over batter. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup (65g) sugar over fruit. Pour remaining batter on top.
- Carefully transfer skillet to oven so the fruit doesn’t slide around too much.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes until clafoutis has browned and edges are puffy. The centre may have a wee bit of a wobble. Clafoutis is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
NOTE: The clafoutis will deflate slightly as it cools.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.