Yield: 16-ish brownies, depending on how you cut ‘em
- ⅔ cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 5 ounces (142g or ⅚ cup) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 10 Tbsp (142g) unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Tbsp Cortas Rose Water
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces (227g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup (64g) Tarazi Organic Tahini
- ¼ cup (84g) honey
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Rose Dose Organic Rose Petals
- flaky sea salt
- Bananagrams letters, optional 🙃
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until it’s mostly melted. Add butter, then put in microwave for 20 seconds more. Stir until chocolate and butter are thoroughly melted. Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, and rose water. Try to keep yourself from just drinking the sweet, buttery, rose-infused chocolate at this point. Add eggs one at a time, whisking to fully incorporate before adding the next.
- Add a third of flour mixture to wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold into wet ingredients. Repeat with other two thirds of flour mixture, folding just until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 18–21 minutes. Brownies are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached. Let cool completely.
- Now it’s frosting time! In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, tahini, honey, cardamom, and sea salt.
- Using an offset spatula, spread and smooth frosting on cooled brownies. Sprinkle with rose petals and flaky sea salt. Add a message with letters from Bananagrams or Scrabble, if you like. Just please remove the letters before eating! 🙈
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply