Yield: one 9" x 5" loaf (8–10 servings)
Orange Cardamom Yoghurt Cake:
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- zest of 1 medium/large orange
- ¾ cup (191g) plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (100g) olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange Cardamom Honey Frosting:
- ½ cup (114g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (80g) Bumbleberry Farms Sweet Orange Cardamom Honey Cream Spread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan and line it with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and orange zest in a large bowl. Using your fingers, rub together until sugar turns yellowy-orange and you smell that citrusy goodness.
- Whisk in Greek yoghurt, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes or until golden brown. Cake is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to wire rack. Allow cake to cool for 15–20 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool cake completely.
- Once cake is totally cool, make the frosting. In a small bowl, beat all filling ingredients until smooth. Spread frosting over cake using an offset spatula. To add a design like ours, gently drag a fork across frosting. Top with additional orange zest, if you like.