Yield: 10–12 servings
- 2 ¼ tsp dry yeast (1 packet)
- 2 ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup (114g) water, lukewarm (110–115°F)
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (240g) bread flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup (227g) whole milk, room temp
- 3 Tbsp (37g) canola oil
- 2–3 Tbsp Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp
- 1 tsp kosher salt, optional
- In a small bowl, mix together yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water. Leave undisturbed for 5 minutes until the mixture gets foamy.
- In your mixer bowl, whisk together flours and salt.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Attach dough hook, then mix on the lowest setting for a minute to distribute yeast.
- With mixer still on the lowest setting, gradually pour in milk and canola oil. Increase speed to low and knead dough until it’s smooth and soft, 5–8 minutes.
- Tip dough out onto a clean work surface and form into a ball. Lightly grease inside of a large bowl with canola oil. Place dough into bowl and roll around to coat all sides with oil. Cover bowl with beeswax wrap or cling film and place in a warm, dry spot and leave undisturbed until dough has doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Lightly grease a rimmed 9" x 13" or 9" x 15" metal baking pan with canola oil. (We used this 9" x 13" pan.)
- After dough has doubled in size, punch it down to release excess gas build-up. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and—with a rolling pin—roll dough into roughly the size of your pan. Gently transfer dough to prepared pan.
- Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel, then place in a warm, dry spot and leave undisturbed for 20 minutes to rise.
- While dough is proofing, heat oven to 375°F.
- After the second rise, semi-aggressively poke all over the dough with your fingers. Drizzle chili crisp on top, gently spreading/rearranging crispy bits as necessary. If using, sprinkle kosher salt on top.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow to cool a smidge. Then slice and serve warm (with additional chili crisp if want it extra spiiicy!).
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply