Yield: 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 6 ¼ Tbsp (75g) caster (AKA superfine) sugar*
- 1 ¾ cups (400g) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 6 ¾ Tbsp (100ml or 96g) heavy cream
- ½ cup + 1 tsp (50g) ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup (65g) sliced almonds
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Hafi Lingonberry Preserves
- whipped cream
*If you don’t have caster (AKA superfine) sugar, very briefly blitz granulated sugar in a spice grinder or blender. Don’t grind too much, otherwise you’ll end up with confectioners’ sugar!
- Heat oven to 340°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and caster sugar until light and a little frothy. Add remaining ostkaka ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with sliced almonds, then dust with ground cardamom.
- Bake for 35–45 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve slices lukewarm with a hefty spoonful of Hafi Lingonberry Preserves and a dollop of whipped cream on top.