Yield: 4–6 servings, depending on the size of your ramekins
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup (71g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips*
- ½ cup (144g) Sunday Night Foods Dark & Decadent Chocolate Sauce
For Serving (Optional):
- vanilla ice cream
- Sunday Night Foods Dark & Decadent Chocolate Sauce, warmed
*Use whatever kind of baking chips you like: semi-sweet, bittersweet, white, milk… Or go crazy and use butterscotch, peanut butter, or mint!
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your ramekins; set aside.
NOTE: We used 4 of these adorable Le Creuset mini cocottes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in baking chips.
- Evenly distribute dough into ramekins.
NOTE: If you’re making 4 servings, it’ll be about 145g dough per ramekin. For 6 servings, it’ll be roughly 95g dough per ramekin.
- Plop a hefty tablespoon of chocolate sauce on top.
- Place a baking sheet on middle oven rack, then set ramekins atop baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes. Cookie cups are done when the tops are golden and the edges are set. The chocolatey centre will still look gooey.
- Transfer ramekins to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with ice cream and additional chocolate sauce drizzled on top.
These would make a scrumptious dessert for a dinner party. Plus, everything is cuter in small dishes! If you want to prep these the day before, make the dough, put it in the ramekins, cover, and refrigerate overnight. When you’re ready to bake the next day, allow ramekins to come to room temperature, plop chocolate sauce on top, then bake!
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply