Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp (143g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp (75g) SoulBee Honey Powder
- zest of 2 lemons
- 7 Tbsp (99g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp SoulBee Honey Powder
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer, mix together honey powder and lemon zest on low speed. As things start to come together, increase speed to medium and beat for one minute. Mixture will become fragrant.
NOTE: You can absolutely make this recipe in a stand mixer, but we found that using a handheld mixer worked a little better.
- Add butter and beat on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add vanilla and milk. Mix until well combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, then mix until a smooth dough forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, honey powder, and cardamom for rolling.
- Form dough into balls that are about 1 ½ tablespoons (roughly 29g) each. (A cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Roll balls in spiced sugar. After all balls have been coated, quickly roll them in spiced sugar once more.
NOTE: If you have any leftover spiced sugar, we recommend holding onto it to use in a chai latte—yum!
- Place on baking sheet, leaving 2" between each dough ball.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.