Yield: 18 haystacks
- ½ cup (85g) white chocolate chips
- ½ cup (85g) butterscotch chips
- ½ cup (85g) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp (25g) roasted peanuts
- 3 Tbsp (50g) creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 cups (120g) chow mein noodles, divided
- 1 cup (80g) Dandies Vegan Mini Marshmallows, divided
- Sweets & Treats Candy Eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- Place white chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl. Heat in microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each zap. Microwave until mixture is mostly melted. Remove bowl from microwave and continue stirring to fully melt the chocolate.
NOTE: We never fully melt our chocolate in the microwave to give ourselves more control and to keep it from overcooking. Plus, it’s quite easy to finish melting the chocolate from the heat of the bowl simply by stirring.
- Add roasted peanuts, 2/3 cup (40g) chow mein noodles, and 1/3 cup (27g) marshmallows. Stir until everything is evenly coated in chocolate.
- Two tablespoons at a time, plop a little rounded mound on the wax paper to form a haystack. Add candy eyeballs to make it spooooooky. Continue with rest of white chocolate mixture to make 6 haystacks.
- Wipe out any residual chocolate from heatproof proof, then place butterscotch chips in bowl. Again, melt in microwave. Once mostly melted, remove from microwave and add 1 ½ Tbsp (25g) peanut butter, stirring to melt and combine.
- Add 2/3 cup (40g) chow mein noodles and 1/3 cup (27g) marshmallows. Stir until everything is evenly coated in chocolate. Make 6 more haunted haystacks!
- Repeat with semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips and remaining ingredients.
- Place baking sheet full of spooky lil guys in the fridge to cool and set.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply