Yield: 14 cookies
- 2 ounces (57g) goat cheese, softened
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream, room temp
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp (71g) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 to 3 Tbsp (20–60g) TBJ Gourmet Savory Tomato Jam
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat goat cheese and butter until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Add sugar and beat until lightly creamed, about 30 seconds. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to goat cheese mixture. Mix on low just until combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Wrap dough in cling film, then press into a patty shape about 1-inch thick. Place wrapped dough in fridge for 30–60 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Form dough into balls that are roughly 2 tablespoons each. (A cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Our dough balls weighed roughly 30g each.
- Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet. Press index finger straight down into centre of each cookie to form a small well.
- Transfer baking sheet to fridge and chill cookies for 15 minutes.
- While cookies are chilling, heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Cookies are done when the edges are set and lightly browned.
- Transfer baking sheet to wire rack. You’ll notice that the wells have puffed up a wee bit. Immediately (but gently) reform indentations with the backside of a wooden spoon. (Don’t burn your fingers!)
- Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10–15 minutes. Then transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once cookies are totally cool, pipe or spoon ¼ to ½ teaspoon tomato jam into each well.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply