Yield: 16-ish blondies, depending on how you cut ‘em
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups (265g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1.5-oz bag (¾ cup or 43g) Sow Good Freeze-Dried Blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stirring frequently, cook for 4–6 minutes until butter starts to brown and smell nutty.
- Pour brown butter into a large heatproof bowl and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- Once brown butter has cooled some, add brown sugar and whisk until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking until combined.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently fold dry ingredients and freeze-dried blueberries into brown butter mixture. (Reserve a few blueberries if you want to place them on top.) Make sure to hunt down any hidden flour pockets, taking care to not overmix.
- Plop blondie batter into prepared pan, spreading out and smoothing with the back of a spoon or your hands. Scatter a few blueberries on top, if you like, gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Blondies are done when edges are set and golden; the centre will still be a wee bit moist.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and allow blondies to cool completely.
- Remove blondies from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper, then cut into squares.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply