Yield: 16 chokladbollar
- ⅓ cup (66g) granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla sugar*
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Valrhona (or other Dutch-process) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (99g) old-fashioned oats
- 5 ½ Tbsp (79g) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp strong coffee, room temperature
- Lars Own® Swedish Pearl Sugar, desiccated coconut, or sprinkles
*If you don’t have vanilla sugar, you can substitute vanilla extract, but add it when you mix in the other liquid ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together granulated sugar, vanilla sugar, cocoa powder, and oats. Set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stirring frequently, cook for 4–5 minutes until butter starts to brown and smell nutty.
- Add melted butter and coffee to sugar/oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Place pot in refrigerator for at least one hour to firm up mixture.
- Shape mixture into 16 balls, roughly a tablespoon each. (A small cookie scoop is super helpful here.)
- Roll in pearl sugar, desiccated coconut, or sprinkles in a small bowl, using a fork to move ball around until it’s fully coated. Lift up ball with fork to place in storage container.
NOTE: This is to help keep your decoration from getting too chocolatey from your hands.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.