Yield: 12 big ol’ cookies
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp cream or milk
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg, cream/milk, and vanilla. Mix on medium-high until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in a couple batches, incorporating until just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Put dough in an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (up to maximum of 5 days).
- After dough is properly chilled, heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form dough into 2-ounce balls. (A large cookie scoop and/or scale is super helpful here.)
- Place dough balls on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8–12 minutes or until pale golden and edges have just set. The centres may seem slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as they cool. (If you prefer crispier cookies, you could extend the baking time. We like these super soft and chewy though!)
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply