Yield: 48 cookies
- 250g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 50g granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 150g butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg
- 100g Clément Faugier Chestnut Paste
- 1 egg yolk + 1 Tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter. With your hands, gently work mixture together until it’s crumbly.
- Add egg and chestnut paste, kneading the dough until it comes together.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour your surface and roll dough out to about ⅛ inch thick (2–3mm).
- Cut out cookies with 2.5" circular cutters. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- With a toothpick, make a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie. Whisk egg yolk and milk together, then brush on top of cookies.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or use #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply