Yield: one 9" x 5" loaf (8–10 servings)
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (107g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (114g) whole milk
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, peeled & finely chopped (about 2 cups or 226g)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugars, and cinnamon on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Starting and ending with the flour mixture, add dry ingredients and milk to butter mixture alternately. With mixer on low speed, mix until combined, being careful not to overmix. Scrape down bowl as necessary after each addition.
- Fold in chopped apple. Spread batter into pan, smoothing top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes. Bread is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely or chow down while bread is still warm!