Yield: 16-ish bars, depending on how you cut ‘em
Puffed Rice Layer:
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1 10-ounce bag (283g) Dandies Mini Vanilla Vegan Marshmallows
- 2 tsp Burlap & Barrel Cloud Forest Cardamom*
- 1 tsp Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon
- ¼ cup (64g) Tarazi Organic Tahini, stirred
- 5 cups (140g) puffed rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups (255g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Flake Finishing Sea Salt
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
*You may wish to grind this high-quality cardamom into a finer powder for baking purposes.
- Grease and line an 8" x 8" pan with wax paper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin to melt butter and marshmallows, stirring occasionally. Stir in cardamom and cinnamon.
- Once marshmallows have melted, stir in tahini.
- Remove from heat, then quickly mix in puffed rice cereal.
- Using wax paper or a buttered spatula, gently and evenly press mixture into prepared pan.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 20-second increments until they’re mostly melted. Add vegetable oil, mixing to combine and melt the rest of the chocolate. Pour chocolate over puffed rice layer, smoothing the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Place pan in fridge to chill for 15–20 minutes. When the chocolate is just starting to set, sprinkle sea salt and sesame seeds on top. Place pan back in fridge to fully cool and set.
- Once the bars have set, retrieve pan from fridge. Remove from pan by pulling up on the wax paper. Cut into 16 squares.
- If all of the treats aren’t devoured on the first day, store at room temperature in a lidded container between layers of wax paper.