(Brown Butter, Black Sesame, and White Chocolate Cookies)
Yield: about 20 cookies
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (107g) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (70g) Rooted Fare Black Sesame Crunchy Butter
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (170g) Supernatural Rainbow Chocolate Chips*
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Pure Flake Finishing Sea Salt
*If you don’t have these pretty baking chips, you can use white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stirring frequently, cook for 3–4 minutes until butter starts to brown and smell nutty.
- Pour brown butter into a large heatproof bowl and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add sugars and black sesame butter to room temperature(ish) brown butter, whisking to combine. Add egg and vanilla, then whisk until fully combined and lighter in colour.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, mixing with a silicone spatula just until combined. Fold in rainbow chocolate chips (or regular white chocolate chips).
- Chill dough in fridge for 30–60 minutes.
- When the chill time is almost up, heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Form dough into balls that are 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons each. (A #40 cookie scoop is super helpful here.) If desired, top each with a couple extra rainbow chips. Sprinkle a wee bit of flaky sea salt on top.
- Bake for 10–11 minutes or until edges are set.
- Transfer baking sheets to wire racks.
NOTE: For perfectly round cookies, try Erin Clarkson’s cookie scoot method when they’re fresh out of the oven.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply