Yield: about 3 ½ dozen cookies
- ¾ cup (113g) Karmalize.Me Raw Organic Pepitas
- 2 ½ cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (254g) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup (213g) dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (213g) bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (86g) dried cranberries
- flaky sea salt
- Toast pepitas in a dry skillet over medium heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Mix in vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing on low until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Reserve a wee bit of pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. Fold in remaining pepitas, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- Form dough into balls that are about 1 ½ tablespoons each. (A #40 cookie scoop is super helpful here.) Top each with a couple chocolate chips, a couple pepitas, and sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until edges are set.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack to cool completely.