Becky’s brother gave her this recipe aaages ago, but neither of them can remember the original source 🤷🏼♀️🤷🏼♂️
Yield: about 15 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (213g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (120g) pulverized almonds
- 2 ½ cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Burlap & Barrel Cloud Forest Cardamom*
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
*You may wish to grind this high-quality cardamom into a finer powder for baking purposes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and pulverized almonds, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl and beater. Repeat once more with rest of flour mixture.
- Press dough into a ball. Pull off a portion of dough and roll out to create a dough snake that’s roughly ¾-inch thick. Repeat with remaining dough until you have an army of dough snakes.
- Dip clean kitchen shears in water just to get them barely wet. Snip dough snakes into ¾-inch pieces. (Sssorry, sssnakes!) Gently flatten cut sides and form cookies into fat little cylinders. Place cookies flat-side-down on prepared baking sheets, leaving 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake for 7–9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply