Yield: 16-ish brownies, depending on how you cut ‘em
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces (226g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 ½ ounces (100g or 1 bar) Nói Síríus Mint Dark Chocolate, melted & cooled
- sprinkles (We used Sprinkle Pop’s First Crush Jimmies Mix.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- First, let’s make the cream cheese layer. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Unless you have spares of your mixer bowl and paddle, transfer cream cheese mixture to another bowl, then set aside. Wash your bowl and paddle; dry well.
- Now we’ll move onto the chocolate layers. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to wet mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat two more times with rest of flour mixture.
- Spread half of chocolate batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate base.
NOTE: If your cream cheese mixture is especially soft, you may now want to put your pan in the fridge or freezer for a bit before continuing to the next step.
- Spread remaining chocolate batter over cream cheese layer, smoothing top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Top with sprinkles.
NOTE: If you go crazy with the jimmies like we did, you get a fun sprinkle crust!
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Brownies are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Place pan on wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.