Yield: 8–10 servings
- 6 fresh peaches
- 2 cups (about 350g) fresh blueberries and/or blackberries
- 1/3 cup (115g) Red Clay Spicy Peach Honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 1 cup (227g) heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove peach pits, then cut peaches into 1/8" to ¼" slices.
NOTE: Feel free to peel your peaches first. We didn’t because we love the extra fiber and antioxidants from the skins!
- In a large bowl, combine peach slices, berries, honey, cornstarch, and lemon zest. Gently toss to thoroughly combine and fully coat all fruit pieces. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add cold, cubed butter, tossing around gently to coat. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients. Pour heavy cream into well, then mix just until combined. (Ditch the spatula and get in there and mix with your hands, if necessary to properly form the dough. Just work quickly so that you don’t warm up the cold butter with your hand heat!)
- Spread fruit mixture into a 12" cast iron skillet.
- Form dough patties and plop ‘em on top of fruit, overlapping slightly as you see fit.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until biscuity topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream and a drizzle of spicy peach honey!
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply