Yield: 8–10 servings
- 1 ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (234g) yellow cornmeal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp (74g) neutral oil
- 1 ½ cups (341g) buttermilk*
- 1 cup (160g) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup (50g) red bell pepper, diced
Frosting & Sprinkles:
- ½ cup (114g) Core and Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce, slightly warmed
- fresh chives, snipped
*If you don’t have buttermilk, mix 1 cup + 6 Tbsp (325ml) whole milk with 2 Tbsp white vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- Add corn and diced pepper to flour mixture, mixing to coat.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, then pour in liquid mixture. Mix just until combined, making sure to incorporate all sneaky, hidden pockets of flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until golden. Cornbread is done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to wire rack. Allow to cool for 10–15 minutes, then invert cornbread onto wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- When you’re ready to serve your cornbread, pour cashew cheesy sauce into a heatproof bowl. Microwave for about 20 seconds, then pour onto cornbread.
- Garnish with chive sprinkles.