Yield: 16-ish treats, depending on how you cut ‘em
- 7 Tbsp (99g) butter
- 3 Tbsp (60g) caramel sauce*
- 1 10-ounce bag (283g) Dandies Mini Vanilla Vegan Marshmallows
- 5 cups (140g) Rice Krispies or other puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup (85g) dried apples, chopped
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp sprinkles, divided**
*We love Postre Caramels’ Sea Salt Caramel Sauce!
**We used Sprinkle Pop’s Fall Leaves Confetti Sprinkles for an autumny feel.
- Grease and line an 8" x 8" pan with wax paper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stirring frequently, cook for 4–5 minutes until butter starts to brown and smell nutty.
- Stir in caramel sauce.
- Reduce heat to low. Add marshmallows and cook (stirring occasionally) until marshmallows are nearly all melted.
- Remove from heat, then quickly mix in Rice Krispies, dried apples, and ¼ cup of sprinkles.
- Using wax paper or a buttered spatula, gently and evenly press mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1 Tbsp of sprinkles.
- Allow to cool and set at room temperature, about an hour.
- Remove from pan by pulling up on the wax paper. Cut into 16 squares.
- If all of the treats aren’t devoured on the first day, store at room temperature in a lidded container between layers of wax paper.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply