Yield: 16-ish bars, depending on how you cut ‘em
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups (230g) graham cracker crumbs (15 full sheet graham crackers)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, melted
Vanilla Chiffon Filling:
- 8 ounces (226g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (28g) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp (482g) heavy cream, divided & cold
- ½ to ¾ cup (145g to 218g) Mrs Bridges Lime Curd
- zest of 1 lime
- If you have multiple metal mixer bowls, place one bowl and whisk attachment in freezer before you begin.
- Lightly grease and line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Blitz graham crackers in food processor until they turn into crumbs. Add cinnamon, salt, and melted butter. Pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press crust mixture evenly across bottom of prepared pan.
- Place pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- In another bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until no cream cheese lumps remain, 1–2 minutes.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla paste, salt, and 2 Tbsp (28g) heavy cream. Beat until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In the chilly bowl of a stand mixer fitted with cold whisk attachment, whip remaining 2 cups (454g) heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add one third of whipped cream to cream cheese mixture, gently folding in with a silicone spatula. Repeat twice more with remaining whipped cream.
- Pour filling onto crust in prepared pan, smoothing out top with an offset spatula or the backside of a spoon.
- Chill in fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
- Once chiffon filling has chilled and set, very gently spread lime curd on top.
- Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper, then cut into squares. Sprinkle lime zest on top.
NOTE: We recommend using a chef’s knife and wiping it clean after each cut.
- Serve cold. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply