Yield: 16-ish blondies, depending on how you cut ‘em
- 1 ¼ cups (163g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 ounces (170g) white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 2 large egg yolks, room temp
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces (113g) Seed + Mill Toasted Sesame Halva, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- flaky sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8" x 8" metal baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, kosher salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Create a double boiler by setting a large heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. (Don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water.)
- Place white chocolate, butter, and tahini in double boiler. Gently melt while stirring occasionally. Once mixture is melted and smooth, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk brown sugar into white chocolate mixture. Then whisk in egg, egg yolks, and vanilla. Continue zealously whisking for a few minutes until mixture is smooth, thick, and glossy.
- Add flour mixture, stirring with a silicone spatula just until combined. Gently fold in crumbled halva.
- Using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread your thiccc batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle sesame seeds and flaky sea salt on top.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until edges are set and golden brown but centre is still a wee bit jiggly.
- Transfer pan to wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Once blondies are totally cool, remove from pan by pulling up on parchment paper. Cut into 16 squares.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply