Yield: 8 whoopie pies
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp Burlap & Barrel Royal Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (227g) Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Spice Filling:
- ½ cup (114g) full fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (80g) Bumbleberry Farms Pumpkin Spice Honey Cream Spread
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat softened butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Add pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until it’s almost all incorporated. Scrape down bowl. Repeat once more with rest of flour mixture.
- Using a large scoop (such as a 2-ounce #16 disher), drop smooth, rounded heaps of batter onto prepared baking sheets. (A 3-2-3 arrangement on each baking sheet works well.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cookie-cakes are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cookie-cakes to cool completely on baking sheets set atop wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Once cookie-cakes are totally cool, it’s time to make whoopie pies! Spread filling on half of the cookie-cakes. Top with remaining cookie-cakes, gently pressing each whoopie pie together.