Yield: 36 crackers
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (64g) walnuts
- ¼ cup (36g) almonds
- ¼ cup (28g) cashews
- ½ cup (60g) Jali Fruit Co. Party Pineapple, chopped*
- ¼ cup (37g) raisins
- ¼ cup (35g) flax seeds
- ¼ cup (53g) brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (227g) whole milk
*The easiest way to chop up the dried pineapple is to cut it with lightly greased kitchen shears.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the milk. Mix until nuts and fruit are well coated with flour.
- In the centre, make a well, then pour in milk. Mix well to ensure there aren’t any pockets to dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Once totally cool, place loaf pan in freezer for 1 hour.
- Towards the end of chill time, heat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Retrieve loaf from freezer and remove from pan. Using a sharp serrated knife cut into ⅛-inch slices. Evenly place crisps on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, flip all crisps over, then return to oven for another 8 minutes. The crisps are done with they’re golden brown. (It’s okay if they’re still just wee bit soft, as they’ll crisp up more as they cool.)
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy plain or with cheese. These pineapple & nut crisps are especially delicious with blue cheese!