Yield: 8 servings (one 9-inch pie)
- 24 Oreos
- pinch of kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp (57g) unsalted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 8 ounces (227g) full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (270g) creamy peanut butter*
- ¾ cup (85g) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (227g) heavy cream, cold
- ¾ cup (170g) heavy cream, cold
- 3 Tbsp (43g) sour cream, cold
- 1 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter Cups (They’re so tiny and cute!)
- chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- chopped Butterfingers
- toasted peanuts
- chocolate chips
*We used Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
- Blitz Oreos in food processor until they turn into crumbs. Add salt and melted butter. Pulse to combine.
- Press crust mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes).
- Place metal mixer bowl and whisk attachment in freezer.
- Wash (or simply wipe out) your food processor bowl and blade. Place cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla in bowl and blitz until thoroughly combined.
- In the chilly bowl of a stand mixer fitted with cold whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add about a quarter of the peanut butter mixture to the whipped cream, gently folding it in with a silicone spatula. Add another quarter and fold in. Continue until all peanut butter mixture has been incorporated and the mixture is no longer streaky.
- Spread peanut butter filling into prepared pie crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula or back of a spoon. Place pie in fridge.
- Wash mixer bowl and whisk attachment with cold water; dry thoroughly.
- Whip heavy cream, sour cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
NOTE: The extra fat and acid from the sour cream helps stabilize the whipped cream so that you can prepare this entire pie in advance. We made our pie on a Saturday night and served it on Sunday evening! But feel free to emit the sour cream if you’d prefer to make the whipped cream immediately prior to serving the pie.
- Refrigerate pie for 30–60 minutes before adding more toppings. (We used Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter Cups, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, edible gold stars, and gold luster dust.)
- Refrigerate pie for 3 hours or overnight.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply