Yield: 12 macaroons
- 4 ¼ cups (360g) sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup (240g) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- 24 Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration fèves
- ¼ cup (43g) Valrhona Passion Fruit Inspiration, melted & cooled slightly
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place coconut into the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until coconut flakes are fine. Add condensed milk, almond extract, and flour, pulsing until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to make a 2–2.25" circle. Place 2 passion fruit fèves in the centre, then top with another heaping tablespoon of coconut mixture. Shape the macaroon into a neat dome, making sure to seal the fèves hidden inside.
NOTE: Since the coconut mixture is so sticky, we recommend spraying your hand with baking spray before shaping.
- Repeat for remaining 11 macaroons.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until tops and edges are golden. Be sure to turn the baking sheet halfway through the bake time.
- Allow macaroons to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once your macaroons are totally cool, spoon melted passion fruit couverture into a small piping bag fitted with a narrow tip. Pipe fine lines over the macaroons, then leave to set.