Yield: 12 doughnuts
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp J&D’s Original Bacon Salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (170g) buttermilk*
- ½ cup (156g) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (114g) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
*If you don’t have buttermilk, mix ½ cup + 3 Tbsp (156g) whole milk with 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 6-cavity doughnut pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, bacon salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until thoroughly combined. Mix in vanilla.
- Starting and ending with the flour mixture, add dry ingredients and buttermilk to butter mixture alternately. With mixer on low speed, mix until combined, being careful to not overmix. Scrape down bowl as necessary after each addition.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag or a small resealable plastic bag with a small bit of one of the bottom corners cut off. Pipe batter into pans.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes. Doughnuts are done when a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean with only a few fluffy crumbs attached.
- Allow doughnuts to cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- When doughnuts are cool, whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Dip one side of each doughnut into the glaze. Sprinkle additional bacon salt on top.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply