Yield: 16 biscotti
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (120g) Broma Dark Chocolate Almond Spread
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (142g) almonds, chopped
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 5 ounces (142g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil, warmed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then lightly flour parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, dark chocolate almond spread, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Mix in vanilla and salt.
- Add flour mixture, and with mixer speed on low, mix until just combined. Fold in chopped almonds.
- Turn dough out onto baking sheet and divide into two equal pieces. With floured hands, pat each piece of dough into a slab that is roughly 8" by 4" and ¾" tall. Brush top and sides of slabs with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until centres are firm to the touch and the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, but don’t turn off the heat just yet! Put baking sheet on wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once dough will no longer burn your fingers (but is still warm), cut into 1" slices using a serrated knife. Set slices cut side up on baking sheet. Return to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip all biscotti over, then return to oven for another 8 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 3 minutes. Then transfer biscotti from baking sheet to wire rack to finishing cooling.
- Once biscotti are totally cool, make your chocolate dip. In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate in microwave in 20-second increments until it’s mostly melted. Add coconut oil, mixing to combine and melt the rest of the chocolate. Mixture needs to cool down some but remain pourable.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Pour chocolate dip into a small loaf pan. Dip flat bottoms straight down into chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then place biscotti chocolate side up on lined baking sheet.
- Once all biscotti have been dipped, put them in the fridge for 15 minutes for coating to harden.
- Enjoy with coffee or tea when you fika!