Yield: 2–3 dozen ‘rocks’
- 2 Oreo cookies (or 4 chocolate wafers)
- 7 ounces (198g) white chocolate, chopped
- 6 Tbsp (117g) sweetened condensed milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cocoa powder
- cashews, almonds, Chukar tart cherries, and/or Verdant Kitchen crystallized ginger
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper, then set aside.
- Crush Oreos with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix together white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and salt over low heat. Stir continuously until smooth.
- Remove from heat and mix in half of Oreo crumbs. Evenly divide mixture into three small bowls.
- Leave one bowl as-is. Mix remaining Oreo crumbs into second bowl, then mix cocoa powder into the third bowl. Allow mixtures to cool and firm up a little on the counter, 15–30 minutes.
- Now it’s time to have fun making rocks! With your hands, make a small disk with a bit of one of the mixtures. Place a nut, dried cherry, or piece of crystallized ginger in the centre and wrap mixture around it. Roll around in your hands until smooth, then place on wax paper. Repeat for remaining rocks.
NOTE: Get as creative as you like! Chop the nuts/cherries/ginger or skip the filling altogether to make tiny rocks. Create rocks using two different colours of mixtures. Make some totally round and some a little flatter.
- Now you have yummy chocolate rocks to decorate awesome bakes, like our Moss Cake with Woodland Grapefruit Buttercream!
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply