Yield: 8–12 doughnuts, depending on the size of your pan’s wells
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup (71g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temp
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream, room temp
- ¼ cup (57g) whole milk, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chai Chocolate Glaze:
- ½ cup (90g) Wildwood Chai Drinking Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 2 tsp (13g) light corn syrup
- 2 tsp water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease wells of your doughnut pan(s); set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, egg, sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- In the centre of the dry ingredients, make a well, then pour in liquid mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Pipe or spoon batter into pans, filling cavities ⅔ to ¾ full.
- Bake for 9–11 minutes or until edges are barely golden and doughnut springs back when lightly pressed.
- Allow doughnuts to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Once your doughnuts are totally cool, make the chai chocolate glaze. In a heatproof bowl, combine all glaze ingredients. Microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each zap. Microwave until mixture is mostly melted, remove from microwave and mix to combine and melt the rest of the chocolate.
- Let glaze cool slightly, then dip tops of doughnuts into glaze. Top with sprinkles if you like!