Yield: 14 biscotti
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 3 Tbsp neutral oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp LorAnn Blood Orange Oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ½ oz (~ ¾ cup) unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then lightly flour parchment. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, oil, egg, blood orange oil, and sugar until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, pistachios, and white chocolate chips. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, gently mixing with wooden spoon or your favourite spatula until all is well combined.
- Turn dough out onto baking sheet and divide into two equal pieces. With floured hands, pat each piece of dough into a slab that is roughly 7" by 4" and ¾" tall. Brush top and sides of slabs with egg wash.
- Bake for 20–22 minutes or until the tops and sides of slabs are lightly browned. Remove from oven, but don’t turn off the heat just yet! Put baking sheet on wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Once dough will no longer burn your fingers (but still warm), cut into 1" slices using a serrated knife. Set slices cut side up on baking sheet. Return to oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip all biscotti over, then return to oven for another 8 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 3 minutes. Then transfer biscotti from baking sheet to wire rack to finishing cooling.