Yield: 12 doughnuts
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Tarazi Organic Tahini
- ¾ cup (110g) self-rising flour
- 1 tsp bourbon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup (85g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Tarazi Organic Tahini
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 4 tsp water
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted & cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 6-cavity doughnut pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing for at least one minute before adding next egg to ensure that it’s thoroughly combined.
- Add tahini and bourbon, mixing until combined. Then fold in flour and salt.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag or a small resealable plastic bag with a small bit of one of the bottom corners cut off. Pipe batter into pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow doughnuts to cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place sesame seeds for topping in small, dry pan. Toast on medium heat for 3–5 minutes until lightly golden. Pour sesame seeds into small bowl and set aside to cool.
- When you’re ready to get your glaze on, heat chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second increments until they're melted.
- Add tahini, maple syrup, and bourbon. Stir together, and at this point the glaze will be rather thick. Add water, then stir until glaze is glossy.
- Spread glaze on doughnuts and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @fikabrodbox or #fikabrödbox!
Leave a Reply